Why do the top electricians in the trade choose to work for Bart’s Electric?
This is a multi-part series on “How We Make Barts Electric a Great Workplace”
The following are some common attributes shared by great workplaces.
7) Great workplaces are flexible to employees’ work/life needs and encourage work/life balance by offering flexible schedules, providing generous paid time off, accommodating individual requests and needs, and creating a supportive work environment that is understanding of personal and family obligations. Barts Electric understands that balance is critical. Especially in those moments when we are needed at home.
8) Great workplaces genuinely care about their employees’ well-being. They offer wellness options that help employees develop healthy lifestyle behaviors as well as provide an array of benefits which support their employees’ health and personal welfare. We are constantly striving to provide the highest quality of care and support to our family of employees.
9) Great workplaces involve and empower employees by listening to their input, involving them in moving the organization forward, and giving them opportunities to lead initiatives, collaborate with one another, participate in decision-making, and make a meaningful difference at work. At great workplaces, employees believe that their opinions matter and that they can positively impact their organizations.
10) Leaders frequently share information about the organization’s performance, its financials, the vision and direction of the organization, and other critical information and updates at great workplaces. In addition, leaders regularly interact with and communicate with employees one-on-one, in small groups, and as an entire staff. Additionally, great workplaces help everyone understand the mission and purpose of the organization, and how their work connects to the big picture.
11) Great workplaces are led by exceptional and inspiring leaders. Leaders set the example from the top and lead the organization well. They genuinely care about and value employees. Relationships between leaders and employees are characterized by mutual respect, trust, honesty, and support. Bart Walker and the entire management team are constantly raising up leaders from within, and reward employees that take initiative and demonstrate leadership in their areas.
Part 4 of this 5 part series is coming next. Look for the next post about what we believe makes Barts Electric a great workplace.
Do you know a new or experienced electrician? Someone looking to change or jumpstart their career? Who do you know who could benefit from networking with Bart’s Electric? Send them a link to our Careers Page and ask them to fill out an application with us. https://www.bartselectric.com/careers